As you are probably aware by now the Prime Minister has placed the UK officially in lockdown regarding the Coronavirus pandemic. The only reasons people should be leaving their homes are:
· shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
· one form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household;
· any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
· travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
With immediate effect a whole category of businesses and services are to close, including places of worship. This means where we have been keeping our churches open for private prayer, UK law temporarily inhibits this and is now enforceable by the police. I have no doubt further news will follow in time but for now please see the implications as found on the UK government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-address-to-the-nation-on-coronavirus-23-march-2020
Please use the links made available to you on the website to help you through this difficult time.
IN NEED OF HELP?
– ARE YOU SELF-ISOLATING, BUT LONELY AND NEED A CHAT?
– NEED SHOPPING OR PRESCRIPTIONS?
– DOG WALKING
CONTACT MAESTEG CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY HELP –
DAYTIME TELEPHONE 01656 856950
They are Special Families Maesteg Charity No 1171814