Archdiocese of Cardiff
St Mary’s & St Patrick’s RC Primary, Maesteg
NOR:130 Salary 6-10
The Governing Body of St Mary’s & St Patrick’s RC Primary School are seeking to appoint an excellent Deputy Headteacher for September 2022, or soon after. Applications are invited from dynamic, experienced and suitably qualified Teachers. We are seeking someone who will strengthen our ambitious and hardworking leadership team. An excellent teacher who has a passion for providing the very best learning opportunities for all our learners.
St Mary’s & St Patrick’s is a welcoming and very good school with a strong Catholic ethos based on Gospel Values with Christ at its centre. We are situated in the heart of Maesteg, nestled in the Church grounds. Our staff and Governing Body work alongside parents to foster a love of learning in all our children and to deepen their understanding of their faith, through Religious Education, Class and School worship and the celebration of the Mass. As a Catholic Family the wellbeing of all our learners is at the heart of our curriculum. Our aim is to equip our children to be lifelong learners, and ensure all pupils reach their full potential.
St Mary’s & St Patrick’s is a place where children are developed through our stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environment. Throughout the school, hard-working and talented practitioners provide engaging and meaningful learning experiences and staff members have the highest expectations of themselves and of each child from Nursery to Year 6.
Governors are committed to appointing a Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is a committed practicing Catholic
- Is strongly committed to working closely with governors, parents and the wider community and to developing the Catholic ethos of our school in our drive towards excellence;
- Has excellent understanding of the Curriculum for Wales
- Has a proven record of exemplary classroom practice;
- Has very good leadership and management skills;
- Has high expectations for school improvement;
- Has first class personal and team building skills;
- A very positive attitude to innovation and change.
The Governors will provide effective support for the successful candidate, who will demonstrate a strong commitment to work closely with them, to provide high quality leadership and the best possible education for our children. In return we can offer:
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive and happy children
- A talented, creative and motivated team of staff
- A forward thinking school with a clear vision
- A strong commitment to professional development
- A successful school with high aspirations and a genuine opportunity to make a difference
- A supportive and committed parent community
- A dedicated and supportive team of professional staff and Governors
- A Catholic school that is inclusive of all and celebrates diversity
Applications are welcomed from experienced Catholic professionals who are seeking a new challenge in a vibrant growing school. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. The headteacher is looking forward to meeting you to discuss this post in further details. Please ring 01656 815585, to make an appointment.
Salary Range : L6 – L10 NOR 220 (including Nursery)
Closing date : 6th June
Shortlisting : 8th June
Interviews : 24th June
Please contact Mrs James at St Mary’s & St Patrick’s RC Primary for an application pack or download from the Bridgend County Borough Council website. Completed applications should be emailed to: FAO Mrs Nicola Kelly-Fisher, email@example.com by 12.00 pm midday Monday 6th June 2022.
Applicants must use the current CES Senior Leadership application forms (December 2020). The successful candidate will be expected to sign the Catholic Education Service Contract of Employment.
St Mary’s & St Patrick’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitments. Appointments to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and satisfactory references, which will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.