Thanks to the tremendous amount of work which has taken place by our volunteers, the Archdiocese has certified that Our Lady and St Patrick’s is Covid-safe for resumption of public worship.
OUR LADY & ST PATRICK PARISH MAESTEG
COVID -19 MEASURES
As a result of recent changes and guidelines made by the Welsh Government and advice from the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales, a risk assessment has been completed and submitted to the Archdiocese.
As from Monday, 13th September, until further notice, the following guidelines will apply:
1. Face Masks – these remain mandatory, over the age of 11, (unless medically except).
2. Hand sanitiser – requirement to hand sanitise as you enter and leave the Church.
3. Track and Trace – requirement to register on entering the Church.
4. Social Distancing – though no longer a legal requirement, some Parishioners may wish to remain cautious; please be respectful to those who may wish to maintain a social distance.
The front 3 pews on the left-hand side of the Church will be available for those wishing to maintain a social distance, reduced to 1 metre.
As there will be a limited number of places, it is essential to telephone the stewards should you wish to take advantage of these seats.
5. No longer necessary to contact stewards to attend Mass, unless you wish to take advantage of social distancing seating.
6. CHANGES TO RECEIVING HOLY COMMUNION – Holy Communion will be distributed as part of the Communion Rite and not at the end of Mass.
Stewards will continue to guide members of the congregation to receive Communion.
DISTRIBUTION OF COMMUNION UNDER COVID 19 RESTRICTIONS
It is recommended by the Bishops of England and Wales that Communion is to be distributed in the hand; however, if anyone wishes to receive Communion on the tongue, they should remain seated until Communion in the hand has been completed, you will then be guided to Father Edmund by the stewards.
7. One-way system – remains for entering and leaving the Church; please avoid getting too close to each other.
8. Sign of Peace remains suspended.
9. Collections – offertory collections as you enter the Church and retiring collection as you leave the Church.
10. Holy Water Stoups will remain empty.
11. Cleaning – remains a high priority; as well as post Mass sanitising of benches by stewards, regular deep cleansing will be maintained throughout the week.
(If you are able to volunteer to help our Stewards and Cleaning team, please advise a Steward)
A further risk assessment has to be completed in mid October and the following introduced over the coming months – congregational singing, return of Altar servers, Readers, Eucharistic Minsters.
ST ROBERT PARISH ABERKENFIG
Risk Assessment in progress; details available next week
Please only attend Church if you are symptom free
SUNDAY OBLIGATION REMAINS SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME
Please arrive between 20 and 5 minutes before the start time of Mass.