St Patrick’s R.C. Primary School Headteacher Newport
Salary Scale L12-L18
Required for September 2022
Are you a committed, practising Catholic who has Gospel values at the heart of everything you do?
Are you highly motivated, with proven leadership skills and successful experiences of school improvement and change?
Are you ready to confidently embrace the challenges and opportunities facing the education sector, with special focus for the new curriculum for Wales 2022?
The governing body of St Patrick’s R.C. Primary School is seeking to appoint a Headteacher who answers yes to each of these questions and who will strengthen our ambitious and committed leadership team.
St Patrick’s is a happy and successful school with a strong Catholic ethos. We are committed to working for all children in partnership with parents, to make our school a happy and dynamic place, where every child is able to enjoy their learning, and succeed in their education.
The Governing Body and staff at St Patrick’s ensure that Christ is at the centre of our learning, and integrate the Gospel Values and Virtues into everything we do.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Is a committed, practising Catholic, who will continue to support the Catholic ethos of our school and maintain strong links with our parish.
- Has the vision and drive to promote and inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning based on pedagogical research and evidence-based practice.
- Will lead by example and provide inspiration and motivation to the school
- Is a strategic thinker, with the vision to achieve excellence, and has the ability to both identify and sustain areas for improvement.
- Is fully aware of the new Curriculum in Wales, developments in Welsh education and with a clear vision of Catholic Education.
- Will continue to promote a strong sense of engagement with children, parents, parish and the wider community.
- Has high expectations and aspirations and will promote and celebrate the achievements of all our children.
Our children are looking for a headteacher who:
- Is kind, caring and helpful
- Is a happy person who brings the sunshine
- Helps us be the best we can be
- Encourages us to use our ideas to plan our curriculum and love of learning
- Plans fun educational experiences
- Lets us be involved in making decisions for our school
- Celebrates the Catholic traditions and life of the school
In return we can offer you:
- A warm and welcoming school / parish community
- Happy, enthusiastic and caring children
- A dedicated team of staff who are committed to supporting and developing the school
- An effective, supportive and active Governing Body willing to support your personal development
If you believe you possess the qualities to lead St Patrick’s School, we welcome your interest. A visit to school can be arranged but will be dependent on any Covid guidelines in place. Please contact Mr J Griffin on 01633 272488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications (on the current CES Senior Leadership application form) should be returned directly to the school for the attention of the Chair of Governors or by email to email@example.com.
Closing date: 16th January 2022
Shortlisting: 20th January 2022
Interviews to be held: 3rd and 4th February 2022
The successful candidate will be expected to sign the Catholic Education Service Contract of Employment.
St Patrick’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and satisfactory references, which will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Further Notification of Executive Headteacher vacancy Merthyr Tydfil
I wrote to you on 18th November to alert you to the advert for an Executive Headteacher for the new 3-16 Catholic school being developed in Merthyr Tydfil. The temporary governing body for the school has now re-issued the advert and details are available via the following link: https://www.eteach.com/job/executive-headteacher-1198891
Anyone who would like to arrange an informal discussion about the vacancy should email Anne Robertson on firstname.lastname@example.org